Re: Optimal Setting

From: Kevin Loney <kevin.loney_at_astramerck.com>
Date: 1997/09/16

Phil Cook <pncook_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in article <5vkpsk$rd9_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...

> What is the consensus on the optimal rollback setting ; I have heard
> a number of different figures ; 3, 10, 20 * the initial extent.

Depends on the number of concurrent transactions, the size of the largest transactions, and the transaction distribution. This is a pretty involved question; see Chapter 7 of the DBA Handbook (obDisclaimer) for a walkthrough of the process of determining the proper number and size (including optimal) for rollback segments. Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT