Re: ODBC drivers and ORACLE Workgroup Server

From: Gary England <gengland_at_hiwaay.net>
Date: 1997/09/16

BoNisa77 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I purchase ORACLE Workgroup Server and run it on my Windows NT server,
> and connect to it using existing ODBC drivers I have for MS SQL server?
> Will I need to purchase ORACLE's ODBC drivers?
>
> Thanks,
> Nitza Hauser

I have used SQL Server/ODBC and ORALCE/ODBC on NT 3.51 without problems. No, the SQL Server ODBC driver will not work with ORACLE. Haven't tried SQL Server on NT 4.0; too much bad juju from the 3.51 experience. Have successfully used both ORACLE 7.3.2 and 7.3.3 on NT 4.0 Server with the 32-bit ODBC driver that is distributed on the ORACLE CD.

Unlike SQL Server, all of the ORACLE drivers have supported multi-thread processes.

Gary Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT