Net8 Assist. crashes

From: Haresh Assumal <assumal_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/09/15

I down loaded a trial copy of oracle8 Enterprise edition from the oracle web site. I have been able to use the database locally on the server machine. When I try and run Net8 or Net8 Assistant it crashes before anything appears on the screen with an error message:

JAVA.EXE Application error
The instruction at "0x01foda04" referenced memory at "0x000004". The memory could not be written.

Has anyone experienced this? I tried installing the whole package again but it didn't help. I have tried conntacting oracle via their web support but they have not replied too. Any help on this would be apprecited.

Thanks,
Haresh Received on Mon Sep 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT