My words of advice

From: Lane Sharman <lane_at_san.rr.com>
Date: 1997/09/15

I am implementing a three-tier solution. However, verify your total round-trip time before you launch. This is easy to do with some benchmarks.

Lastly, consider a caching scheme on the client that allows read-only rows or infrequently updated rows to live persistently on the client. Every modern application has usually a large body of intransient, reference data. Allow this to be cached if possible.

My 2 senses.

-Lane

--
Lane Sharman
"Put those together less bad, but the cage less fun."