Re: Problems with Netwok Manager

From: Thomas Meier <th.meier_at_cww.de>
Date: 1997/09/15

In article <5vca32$6lo$1_at_news02.btx.dtag.de>,   Christian.Link_at_t-online.de (Christian Link) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I tried to install Oracle's Network Manager (Workgroup server). The
> installation was no problem, but it wont start!
> A message told me, that the DLL: nmvrd.dll was not found in the
> directory /orawin/network/resource...
> I couldn't find this file on the CD! WHERE IS IT????
>
> Thanx,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris!

I had the same problems. I bet your NLS_LANG in the oracle.ini is something like GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P1, isn't it? If so the Network Manager searches for the german (D) resource files. But Oracle didn't provide them! The only reasonable workaround is to copy the nmvrus.dll to nmvrd.dll in the same directory or, like me, change NLS_LANG to AMERICAN_AMERICA.... HTH, Thomas