Restore

From: Matt Southcott <matts_at_xxxnifcosynergy.com>
Date: 1997/09/15

I have a little problem with restoring a backup of an instance. When I tried to restore this instance everything seemed to be fine until I tried to start it it said that the control file was wrong(can't remember exact syntax) so I proceeded to create a new control file. When I went to "alter database open resetlogs" I get this.

ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/usr2/oracle7/dbs/systDEV.dbf'

I know what it means but I only have one backup and it looks like there was a checkpoint reached while backing up. Is there a way to resynchronize the files. The Sun that did hold this info was recently stolen along with the latest backup that was still in the tapedrive. Received on Mon Sep 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT