Oracle 7.3.2.2 Installation on Unixware 2.1.2

From: Jonathan Joseph <jon.joseph_at_jbjnet.com>
Date: 1997/09/14

Has anyone tried to installed Oracle 7.3.2.2 onto UW 2.1.2 ?

When I tried to do that I got the following error messages below. The installation core dumps shortly after the Motif installer window is displayed.

(my next Oracle installation attempt is to reinstall UW 2.1 and then install Oracle, then upgrade to UW 2.1.2)

Thanks for any help,
Jonathan Joseph

jon.joseph_at_jbjnet.com
jjoseph_at_voicenet.com

610-873-2290 (voice and fax)

Starting the Oracle7 Workgroup Server Installation Process....

   Linking files. This will take a few minutes.    Linking /cdrom/server to /tmp/linkwg

-->UX:cp: ERROR: Cannot complete write to orainst/orainst.wg.motif
-->UX:mv: ERROR: Cannot access orainst/orainst.wg.motif: No such file or
directory
Creating dba group ...
Creating wgsuser for you...
Creating oracle7 user for you...
Your UNIX system kernel will be relinked ... UX:idbuild: INFO:

        The unix kernel will be rebuilt to include your
        configuration changes during the next system reboot.

Please reboot the system when ready in order to pick up the new UNIX kernel settings required for Oracle7 Server installation.

Enter init 6 at the root prompt.

# ./wgstart
Starting the Oracle7 Workgroup Server Installation Process....

   Linking files. This will take a few minutes.    Linking /cdrom/server to /tmp/linkwg

Performing Oracle7 Workgroup Server Installation...

-->Segmentation Fault - core dumped

Installation Cancelled... Received on Sun Sep 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT