Re: Update 7.3->8 recommendable?

From: aMAZin <erik.mauritzon_at_mailbox.swipnet.se>
Date: 1997/09/13

Hi!

Updating 7.3 => 8.0.3 is not very smart right now!

The 8.0.3 is not very well supported yet (allthough they sure try to help!) and the 8.0.4 will contain some bug-fixes. Hopefully they will fix the migration tool so that it works properly on NT. I have had some trouble with it on a production database... (Oracle Worldwide Support hasn't been able to solve my probs yet)

Using 8.0.3 in a new database enviroment is probably the best way, becasue the database is still very stabil and there are some new functions that just might interest you.

The 8.0.3 is better than the 7.3.3 if you're using replication (that's why I'm looking at it); if you're not, just wait a couple of versions before you implant it in your production system...