Extent Sizing?

From: CDWaddell <cdwaddell_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/12

How do I go about determining the size of the extents I will need for my database. I'm moving data from paradox tables into Oracle and it is incredibly slow. (Doesn't help that we are running NW 4.1 on a 486/66 with 64M RAM.) I have started reading O'Reilly & Asoc. "Oracle Performance Tuning" and it seems that my extents are to small. but I can't figure out how to determine the right size for this project. The paradox tables have approx. 3/4 to a million records in them. I have roughly 6-10 of these tables to bring into Oracle but at the speed things are moving now I will spend the next year just moving data. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. One more thing, how much performance enhancement would I get if I were to add more memory to the existing server. (Were a very poor health care company)

Thanks CDWaddell_at_AOL.Com Received on Fri Sep 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT