Alpha OpenVMS & Oracle Req?

From: Douglas Scott <Douglas.S.Scott_at_boeing.com>
Date: 1997/09/12

I've sorta of been thrown into the database administration field since our DBA has left to seek greener pastures ($$$). My boss wants to know if the Alpha 2100 4/275 with 2 CPUs, 768 Mb of RAM, 2 KZPSC SCSI controllers and about 50 Gb of disk space that we have will support our current environment. We currently have 2 Oracle 7.1.5 databases (1-5Gb database with an SGA of 28Mb and another 4Gb with an SGA of 13 Mb) running on a VAX with OpenVMS 6.2. He's mainly interested in the first database since that's our production database while the other is our beta database. Can anyone tell me if this Alpha will support our needs (~80 users) and if not what would?

Douglas Scott
Douglas.S.Scott_at_boeing.com Received on Fri Sep 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT