Re: Migrating Userids

From: Andy Young <young_at_pwgsc.gc.ca>
Date: 1997/09/12

Deborah,

I butchered the code in our connect_as_user script to get this SQL, but I have not tried it. The resulting text looks good.

set linesize 132
set pagesize 999
set heading off

spool alters.sql
select

   'alter user '||username||
   ' identified by values '||
   ''''||password||''''||
   ';'

 from sys.dba_users
 order by username
;
spool off

Andy Young
Public Works and Government Services Canada Ottawa, ON, Canada
young_at_pwgsc.gc.ca

In article <19970909174800.NAA02570_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>, Debor19071 says...