Re: How to read Environment variables in SQL

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/09/11

: I need to read the (Unix) shell variables with in SQL without passing them as
: parameters to the SQL script. i.e. NOT LIKE sqlplus user/pwd @script.sql $par1

Use the bourne shell to expand the variables:-

sqlplus -s / <<!
select '$LOGNAME' from dual;
exit
!
-- snip --

IAP

--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with with