Max Connections on Oracle Server??

From: Dianne Siebold <dsiebold_at_wrightstrat.com>
Date: 1997/09/11

We are creating a c/s app using VB5 connecting to Oracle via RDO. The server will be a high-powered Unix box (I don't have the specs at this time). When we initially developed our app (against Access), we opened a connection each time we issued a query and then closed it. This was done to avoid having 75-100 apps with open connections on the server.

Now we are moving against Oracle, and the connection time takes a while, so we are looking at having the app connect once and then issuing queries. Is there going to be a performance issue with this many open (75-100) connections on the server? Does anyone have any experience with "too many" users and how many that might be?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Received on Thu Sep 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT