Re: Problems with the Navigation Button

From: Rafa Flores Yoldi <cesinsl_at_redestb.es>
Date: 1997/09/11

"Virginia K. Leung" <vleung_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu> wrote:
>Once I go to last, and then hit Next, the form throws me in a new
>record. Why? I cannot get out of it until we enter a value.

>When I go to last record, I want to disable the Next button.

>I may go to the last record by consecutively pressing the Next button
>then I can fall into the same trap. How can ORACLE recognize the End of
>File?

>Can anybody help? Thanks in advance and your help is greatly
>appreciated!

>Virginia

  That's the default ORACLE processing, a little bit ugly for me. But I must warn you that we have chosen not to use the default way and work out a more "common" way to work with our Forms, and even being better to use (for me at least! :) it's a real pain to code, because you have to make extensive use of the trigger processing to take care of everything Oracle did, so... you must choose what you prefer RAD or pain coding!

  Regards,

  Rafa Flores Yoldi
  Cesin, S.L. Received on Thu Sep 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT