Re: ORA-12203 TNS:Unable to connect to destination.

From: Michael Jenc <jenc_at_cas_software.de>
Date: 1997/09/10

kif_at_worldnet.att.net wrote:

> We have Oracle 7.3 running on Win NT 4.0 server. When I try to connect to the
> server thru SQL plus it gives error ORA-12203 TNS: Unable to connect to
> destination. But at the same time I am able to connect to Oracle running on a
> different server.The listener is running.
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi

I have the same problem. I can't connect to Oracle when the client runs on
the same machine as the server. When configuring SQL*Net you should use the
machines name and not localhost, 127.0.0.1 or the IP-address. I found out
that it worked when providing the name and that ORA-12203 occured when providing anything else.

If this does not help you send me an email.

Bye Michael

                    Michael Jenc
                 CAS Software GmbH
                 Karlsruhe, Germany

Replace the '_' with '-' in E-mail address to contact me