Re: Migrating Userids

From: Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Date: 1997/09/10

> Do you know of a way to properly pass the passwords over from 1 instance
> to another in the least laborious way as possible? We don't want to export
> every user.

As it is only passwords you mention I assume that you have already got the users defined in the new instance.
One possibility would be to to run the following against the original instance;

select 'alter user '||username||' identified by values '''||password||''';'
from dba_users

and spool the output to a file e.g. user_pass.sql running this file against the new instance should change alll the users passwords as required. (a where clause on the first script could be used to eliminate those users whose password you did not wish to migrate.

Regards,

Ian Received on Wed Sep 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT