Re: database links between servers

From: Bill Manry <B.Manry_at_upsizeme.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/09/10

Is there some reason why you must place the explicit SQL*Net address in your dblink? I suggest creating the dblink with

  ...using 'papr';

since you've already demonstrated that the papr.world service entry in tnsnames.ora works. There are content differences between your tnsnames.ora entries and the string you are specifying for the dblink's "using", and my experience has been that Net is rather picky about that stuff.

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  IBM Products Division  -  Oracle Corporation
These are my opinions, not necessarily Oracle's.