Re: Oracle & Alpha VMS or NT?

From: Robert Cordingley <cord_at_ragesoft.com>
Date: 1997/09/09

If you're talking about a small database with only a few users, you'd be a lot better off with an intel box running NT or Solaris x86. If you do absolutely HAVE to use an Alpha, use the smaller of the two. It's more important to have several disks (NOT in bloody RAID5 either).

I can't possibly recommend VMS since it's way way down on Oracle's list of priorities. NT is a tier 1 platform and generally gets new releases at the same time as Solaris (sparc).

                        Robert

PS: VMS weenies please don't flame me...I'm a member of DECUS and I support oracle on VMS, Solaris, HP-sUX, and NT.