Re: Migrating Userids

From: Mike Morgan <mmorga2_at_amfam.com>
Date: 1997/09/09

Deborah,

You might try creating a dynamic SQL file from the source database and executing it on the target.
For example:

SELECT 'create user '||USERNAME||' identified by values '''||

       PASSWORD||''' default tablespace '||DEFAULT_TABLESPACE||
       ' temporary tablespace '||TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE||';'
from dba_users
/

This selects the appropriate columns from DBA_USERS needed to create a user in another instance. Note the use of "BY VALUES" which passes the encrypted form of the password. Also, when using the "BY VALUES" clause, the password should be enclosed in single quotes. (That's the reason for the 3 consecutive quotes surrounding PASSWORD.)

Mike Morgan
Compuware Corporation

Deborah asked ....