Re: Problems with the Navigation Button

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1997/09/09

Virginia,

The behaviour you describe is default Forms processing. Navigating past last queried record puts the Form into 'Insert new record' mode. If you want anything else then you need to code it yourself. The simplest way is to test one of the 'System' variables, in this case :System.Last_Record = 'TRUE'. This reflects the state of the block where the Cursor is located, so you may have to be careful if you have multiple navigable blocks.

Regarding your Query question, have a look at the Forms built-in 'Execute-Query'. This can be called from the trigger 'When-New-Form-Instance'.

Regards,
Neville Sweet.

Virginia K. Leung <vleung_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu> wrote in article <3414933E.466A_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu>...