Re: Oracle ODBC Drivers. Long Raws. 32K Limit ??

From: Brett McKenzie <mckenzie_at_magna.com.au>
Date: 1997/09/09

I'm using Delphi 3 with the "Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle" V2.00.006325 against Oracle 8, and have noticed a limit of 64K for "long raw".

One solution I can think of, though I haven't needed to resort to it, is to break up your blob into 32K chunks, and store them in individual rows (one-to-many). Its far from ideal, but it would work. When you read the data back you concatenate the chunks back into the real data field.

Brett
mckenzie_at_magna.com.au

Surjit Hunjan <Surjit_at_dualalpha.co.uk> wrote in article <341072ac.1851191_at_news.ftech.net>...