Oracle Structure or Lay Out

From: David Parry <dparry_at_nu-pharm.com>
Date: 1997/09/08

This may be a hard question to answer. I have been dealing with Novell 4.1, Unix, Windows, and DOS environments since I have started my career. I know and understand the organization or directory structure in those environments. I am having difficultly in try to understand the lay out of an Oracle server. It is unlike any other system I have worked on. There is no directory tree where files are stored. Can anyone explain to me in laymen terms the organization, basic file structure and or lay out of an Oracle Server?

Dparry_at_nu-pharm.com Received on Mon Sep 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT