Date Format String longer than picture

From: John Stathakis <jlstath_at_mail.icon.co.za>
Date: 1997/09/07

Hello everyone,

I have set NLS_DATE_PARAMETER = "DD/MM/YYYY" in the registry, my inst.ora and initorcl.ora and the registry.

when I:

SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL; then I get:

01/08/199

when I insert from SQLPLUS I get:

ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string

Has anyone encountered this problem ? What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
John Received on Sun Sep 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT