Re: No login to database

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/07

>Subject: No login to database
>From: Heber_Ferraz_at_compuserve.com (Heber Ferraz-Leite)
>Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 07:28:57 GMT
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm having the following problem with Oracle 7.1.6 running on Unix
>System V Release 4.3:
>
>I do the following command under Unix to run a script:
>
>sqlplus system/password @script.sql
>
>The problem is that sometimes it hangs up. When I look into the
>process table the sqlplus process is there but the corresponding
>oracleSID process is not. The sqlplus runs forever and never comes
>back. (well it runs over 10 hours until I kill it, haven't tried it
>longer).
>
>The script does:
>
>select tablespace_name, sum(bytes) from dba_free_space group by
>tablespace_name;
>
>When it works it never needs longer than a few seconds. I haven't
>been able to figure out of what it depends if the command works or
>not.
>
>Has anybody had a similar problem and solved it ?
>

>Heber
>-----
>Heber_Ferraz_at_compuserve.com
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Heber_Ferraz

Try adding < /dev/null to the end of the command line, it could be that the password is wrong or that it can't find the script, if you are not giving an explicit pathname, in either case the process should return once any additional input required is supplied by /dev/null and you should be able to identify the problem.
  Hope this helps,

     Rob Received on Sun Sep 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT