Re: Unloading more than 2Gb

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/09/06

In article <340C8420.7BA4F61D_at_ix.netcom.com>, Bruce Bristol <bbristol_at_ix.netcom.com> writes
>Hello,
>
>I have a table that consists of about 20Gb of data on a Sun Solaris
>system.
>
>I know I can use SQL*Plus to create a flat ASCII file, but Solaris has a
>file size limitation of 2Gb (we won't be upgrading to Solaris 2.6 until
>next year which will allow 1Tb size files.
>
>Anyway, is there a way I can still use SQL*Plus to have to write to a
>different file once it hits the 2Gb file size or do I need to write a
>program to do this?
>
>Thank you!
>
>-Bruce

In o7 I authored a program to export to ulimit size ascii files, but in oracle 8 you could split the table into partitions and export a partition at a time.

--
"The floggings will continue until morale improves."