*** SLOW *** BDE Connection to an Oracle Server

From: Steinberg <amitos_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/09/05

Hi

I'm working with Delphi 3's SQL Links against an Oracle 7.x Database using TTable and TQuery, BDE 4.0 and ORA72.DLL. The performance of this connection is very poor, although everything else is promising: a strong server, fast LAN,
highly optimized database, etc..

Issuing SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE (etc...) from a delphi program is too slow. In fact, running 1000s of queries takes considerably too much time, in relation to the server performance.

I'm sure there are ways to optimize this connection, or a more efficient

way to use it. I need your advice with that. Great BDE overhead is the MAIN suspect. There are probably several ways to deal with that overhead (parameters, etc..)

Herbert Received on Fri Sep 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT