Oracle ODBC Drivers. Long Raws. 32K Limit ??

From: Surjit Hunjan <Surjit_at_dualalpha.co.uk>
Date: 1997/09/05

Hi

I'm Oracle DBA working on NT3.51, Oracle 7.2.2.11. The development team are having a problem which we would be greateful for some advice/pointers

The developers are using VB4 and Oracle 2.0.3.1.1 Odbc drivers. The problem arises when the want to manipulate data stored in Long Raws. Below 32K they seem to have no problem, However > 32K they get data curruption.

We have spoken to Oracle and they said thier drivers will not support fully support Blobs/Long Raws until they end of 1997/ early 98.

We would like to know how if anybody else had similar problems and also if there is a solutions or work arounds.

Surjit Hunjan
DualAlpha Limited.

Email: Surjit_at_dualalpha.co.uk Received on Fri Sep 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT