Does the number of extents affect the performance?

From: <dtang_at_minn.net>
Date: 1997/09/05

Hi:

After reading several articles, I get an imprsssion that the fewer extents in a table's data segment, the better the performance would be. But I can't find this statement in any official document. So I want to ask the experienced DBA about the relation between the size of extent and the performance.

 Any input will highly be appreciated. Please e-mail me at dtang_at_minn.net

Thanks ahead

Dong Tang

Dong Tang Received on Fri Sep 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT