Difference between DATE fields.

From: Gilberto Casiraghi <edipi_at_candy.it>
Date: 1997/09/04

I would like to calculate the difference between DATE fields. In my case I have a table with 2 DATE datatype columns: the first is the start time, the second the end time. Using the select statment in sql*plus I would like to generate a report with the first 2 columns and a third column with the difference between the first 2. This difference MUST be in the format DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS.

I think the best solution is to write a pl/sql stored function. Can someone help me ?

Many Thanks.
Cheers,
Gilberto Casiraghi Received on Thu Sep 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT