Re: SqlPlus on Unix client?

From: Thor HW <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: 1997/09/04

All you need to do is have SQL*Plus and SQL*Net installed on your client workstation, you'll need to have the sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora files in your $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory ... and you're off to the races!

We've got this running on 36 of our boxes so I know it works.

BTW: are you doing GIS <-> Oracle?? We're a Arc/Oracle shop...two of our GIS boxes just have the oracle toolset NFS mounted.

Thor HW

Jack Hurlbut <auh_at_engdev2.sannet.gov> wrote in article <5uneh8$48g$1_at_dpcgate.sannet.gov>...