Re: ORA-00604 error occured at recursive SQL Level 1

From: Michael Sevy <michael_at_datatools.com>
Date: 1997/09/03

Brian Drust wrote:

> I hope someone can shed a little light on the following error
> message ORA-00604 error occurred at recursive SQL Level 1 ORA-01000
> Maximum open cursors exceeded.
>
> This seems pretty straight forward but I can not figure it out. When I
> look up the ORA-00604 it tells the next error on the stack can't be
> resolved then call tech support. Ya that really helps allot. Maybe
> that is part of my problem. The maximum number of cursors open seems
> easy. The only thing the code contains no explicit cursors only
> straight SELECTS, INSERTS, and UPDATES. This error always seems to
> happen in the same place also. The program is written in ProC. Nothing
> fancy and rather small. I am running on a HP-UNIX system with Oracle
> version 7.2.?.? or something. If anyone has any ideas or needs more
> info please E-Mail at drusty_at_ix.netcom.com.

Brian,

You are absolutly right about the message explaination ... I called tech support and they seemed to indicate that the error stack will help resolving the problem. If a stack track is not being generated, you can add the following to your init.ora:

    event = "604 trace name errorstack forever"

If an ORA-00604 is encountered, a stack trace will be forced.

-Michael Received on Wed Sep 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT