Re: Index Size ?

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/09/03

On 3 Sep 1997 14:55:45 GMT, "Andreas Hess" <ahess_at_truworths.co.za> wrote:

>Does anyone have an idea how to calculate the actual
>bytes (or blocks) used by an index ?
>
>We're running Oracle 7.3.2.3.0 using the CHOOSE option
>for the optimizer. All tables and indexes have been analyzed.
>
>I'm sure I could dig around for this one, but I'm a bit pressed for
>time.

You can use procedure UNUSED_SPACE from a package DBMS_SPACE. It will compute both the total allocated and unused space in blocks/bytes as well as identify the last block used by a given segment (table, index, cluster).

If the package is not installed yet you can create it by runing DBMSUTIL.SQL. You will find this file in your ../rdbms/admin directory.

>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Andreas

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Sep 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT