Re: newbie Q: generating object creation scripts

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/09/03

H. John C. Hopkins wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I was wondering if there was a "reverse-engineering" utility for generating
> DDL scripts for ALL objects in a database. I've been doing a lot of my
> object creation via Schema Manager, and I haven't been saving the SQL.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -John

Check out the Utilities manual. You can export and then import with the indexfile parameter set. This will create a file that you can edit (every line starts with 'REM ') to generate the create table and create index commands for your tables. You can also export and import the constraints and grants as well as the data and indexes.

Jerry Received on Wed Sep 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT