Re: sql*net connectivity problem

From: Amit Aggarwal <amaggarwal_at_kendle.com>
Date: 1997/09/02

the information works wrote:

> Help
>
> I have Oracle v7.3.2.2.1 on an NT 4 server. and have installed enterprise
> manager on this machine also. I have created the relevant Sql*net
> configuration files using Network manager and can TNSPING on the server ok,
> and can connect to the database on this machine.
>
> On my client machine (W95) I have also installed enterprise manager. With
> the same configuration files on this machine I get a "No listnener" error
> message in my log file.
> If I install the software from the "Windows" directory on this machine
> (Network manager, client status monitor, sql*plus33, etc) and use the same
> configuration files again, I can connect successfully and query the
> database using SQL*plus33.
>
> The network is using SPX/IPX as there are also some novell servers on the
> network.
>
> Any suggestions - I feel like I am going round in circles at the mo.

Did you install SQL*net v2 on W95 machine. If you want to configure files using Network Manager, you will have to install 16 bit version which is the 'Windows' directory in C:\orawin directory.

If you do not plan to use Oracle Names, then you can use SQL*Net Easy Config to generate tnsnames.ora file. In that case you can use both 16 and 32 bit versions.

amit
Oracle DBA/Unix SA Received on Tue Sep 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT