Re: DROP TABLESPACE question

From: Chris Hamilton <Christopher.H.Hamilton_at_usace.army.mil>
Date: 1997/09/02

Arun K Prabhakar <prabakar_at_india.hp.com> wrote . . .

> When we drop a tablespace, Oracle removes the entries in
> the dictionary. However, the associated data files still remain
> on disk. Is there anyway to make Oracle also remove the
> operating system datafiles from disk also?

No, you must delete those manually at the operating system level.

Or you can re-use them with the "reuse" keyword in the datafile section of the create tablespace or alter tablespace commands.

Chris

Chris Hamilton - Oracle Database Admin.
AVANCO Intl. / US Army Corps of Engineers Christopher.H.Hamilton_at_usace.army.mil
http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html Received on Tue Sep 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT