How to Create 2 similar database on a Server.....

From: Basavaraj <bm_satanal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/08/30

Hello,

Can any one help me out with my problem.

Presently I have a database name called "TEST" residing on 2 servers having '8' tablespaces on each server. '3' tablespaces contains the actual data and they are called 'TEST_TABLESPACE_1', 'TEST_TABLESPACE_2' and 'TEST_TABLESPACE_3'. The remaining tablespaces are related to the system. Many tables on TEST tablespaces (1,2,3) contain common tables (including their tablenames) between the 2 "TEST" Databases.

ORACLE_SID on both system is "TEST". The two servers reside in distributed computing env.

I have the respective scripts that where used for creating the "TEST" database on the two servers.

The problem is "I NEED TO CREATE TWO "TEST" DATABASES ON A SINGLE SERVER".

  1. How can I go about in creation of these two "TEST" databases and what options are available to me ?
  2. What needs to be taken care if the above objective of creation is to meet.
  3. How to bring the two databases online.

Answers to these questions highly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Regards
Basavaraj Received on Sat Aug 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT