Limitation in name length for TNS Listener?

From: Kjell R. Christensen <krc_at_nera.no>
Date: 1997/08/30

Hi !

I'm experiencing an odd behaviour from the LSNRCTL program.

I've started two listeners, one for each eth. interface card.

$ LSNRCTL START SUBNET0_NODE

and
$ LSNRCTL START SUBNET1_NODE
Stopping SUBNET0_NODE works fine, but trying to restart:

$ LSNRCTL START SUBNET0_NODE, gives me an error message
'listener with name SUBNET1_NODE allready running' ????

Listener with name SUBNET1_NODE is not the one in question her !!!

Could this be a limitation in name length for the listener?

Running:
OpenVMS on AlphaServer 4100 and Oracle Server 7.3.

Regards,

Kjell R. Christensen Received on Sat Aug 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT