recover datafile noarchivelog mode

From: Tuktukia <tuktukia_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/29

I have a database running in noarchivelog mode. One of the tables got truncated and need to be restored. This table is in a tablespace of its own. Is there any way to restore just this tablespace from a cold backup without having to restore the complete database. This is a standalone table in a DSS system and no integrity will be lost. I just do not have the space to do a restore of a copy and exporting the table and importing into the real database. Also I cannot afford to (unless that's the final resort) to bring down the database for this one table.

Is there any way at all to restore the datafiles for this one tablespace from a cold backup and force oracle into sinking the SCN of the datafiles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Abhijit Received on Fri Aug 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT