Re: Oracle 7.3 ODBC Driver - MS Visual C++ 5.0

From: <ghawks_at_openlinksw.com>
Date: 1997/08/29

In article <01bcb276$a103d800$447f63c7_at_beverly>,   "Bryan C. Everly" <bceverly_at_softart.com> wrote:

> I am unable to run any Visual C++ 5.0 program in the debugger that uses
> Oracle's 7.3 ODBC driver that they ship with the NT version of their
> server. It looks like the debugging heap's trick of messing up the memory
> (i.e. it isn't all zero's) is wreaking havoc with this driver.
>
> 1. Has anyone else noticed this problem?
> 2. Is there a patch from Oracle to address this?
> 3. Is there another ODBC driver that someone could recommend?
>
> (Writing trace lines to a flat file is not my idea of fun when debugging
> C++ code <grin>)
>
> Replies by e-mail would be preferred.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bryan C. Everly

OpenLink Software has ODBC drivers available for Oracle. OpenLink has both Single-Tier ( called OpenLink Lite ) that works with SQL*Net, and Multi-Tier that does not require SQL*Net. Both are available for a free evaluation on our web site. I'm sure you will be pleased by the performance gains using OpenLink's drivers. I would also recommend trying an eval. copy of OpenLink ODBC Scan. You will be able to run a trace against your application, providing useful information and benchmarking results.

Best Regards,
Gary Hawks
OpenLink Software, Inc.
http://www.openlinksw.com