Re: View dba_tab_privs very slow!!!

From: Alik Shapiro <fz1dmj_at_agt.gmeds.com>
Date: 1997/08/29

Andrew Protasov wrote:
: Did anybody try to use sys.dba_tab_privs view? I have more than
: 70000 records in it and it needs more than 500 sec to
: select count(*) from sys.dba_tab_privs

I would try to use roles instead of granting the object privileges to the users. Grant object privileges to the roles and appropriate roles to the users. It should make the data dictionary
a little bit more manageable.

Hope it helps

Alik Shapiro
Oracle DBA, EDS
Phone (317)230-6619
E-MAIL : fz1dmj_at_agt.gmeds.com

The above statements and opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of EDS. Received on Fri Aug 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT