Re: Changing redo log file size

From: Andrew Rose <sydscan_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1997/08/28

>The size of my redo log files is 1M - with 2 redo log groups. We are
>producing about 30M of redo per day.
>
>1) How can I resize the redo log files?
Add new redo logs that are the size you want, then after making sure that the old ones aren't in use, drop them. (If the old ones are in use, use ALTER SYSTEM (DATABASE?) SWITCH LOGFILE - or whatever the correct syntax is) This way you're left with just the new ones.

>2) What would be good values for redo log file size and number
> of redo log groups?

Still wrestling with this one. I've just switched to 3 groups of 5Mb each. There's not much clear advice on sizing that I've found so far. Received on Thu Aug 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT