file upload to web server

From: MH <mmh_at_pinioncorp.com>
Date: 1997/08/28

we are trying to build a process that allows us to upload a file/img from a client browser to our oracle web server 3.0. you could see this sort of things as an attach button in most of mail web site (like mailexcite.com and hotmail,...). I would think that the way it would work is that we would have to build a cartridge (java, C) that gets the ip address (of the client) and the name of the file from a pl-sql cartridge. the C cartridge would have to include some kind of ftp/get, error checking,... Obviously the file would have to be inserted into the database using some kind of long raw image server cartridge. Am I right or I am totaly out of it? does anyone have any ideas on how exactly thing attachment/upload would work? can someone point us to a source where we could see such code or even an internet source or even a book that detail the type of coding that we need to do? your help is greatly appreciated.
manuel Received on Thu Aug 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT