Re: Process lock information

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/27

From: Jim Kimball <jimk_at_bestweb.net>
>> However, I can't seem to find any technique for turning those IDs into
table names so I can determine the hot spots in my database. <<

Jim, try looking at v$session. You can join it with v$lock using the 'sid' column. With version 7.2+ the v$session table includes columns that point to the rowid in question where multiple users are trying to update the same row. You can also have locks related to Oracle internal resources, but these kinds of locks are too involved to talk about now. There are DBA dictionary views that look at locks, sys.dba_dml_locks and sys.dba_ddl_locks, but these are slow compared to using the v$ views (usually called tables).

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Wed Aug 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT