Re: PL/SQL: How to check if a table exists or not?

From: Philip E. Sevenants <Sevenants_at_cp-consulting.com>
Date: 1997/08/27

Try this:

        Select Count(Table_name) from table_object where Table_name = 'MyTable';

        I've been using Oracle 7.1 for the past 7 days and have only some familarity with Oracle. Maybe this will point you in the right direction.

--
Philip Sevenants
ComputerPeople Consulting Services
Sevenants_at_NOWHERE.cp-consulting.com
To send me e-mail, delete the "nowhere."
Notice:
Usage of my email address for commercial purposes without my prior
written consent costs US$ 50 per message.  By using this email address
you agree to this condition.  Technical discussions of programming
problems and solutions are not "for commercial purposes" for the
purpose of this Notice.
And for you automated email spammers out there, here is the current
board of the Federal Communications Commission.
Chairman Reed Hundt: rhundt_at_fcc.gov
Commissioner James Quello: jquello_at_fcc.gov
Commissioner Susan Ness: sness_at_fcc.gov
Commissioner Rachelle Chong: rchong_at_fcc.gov
And let's help you send some spam to the USPS, too:
customer_at_email.usps.gov