Re: GMT to Local Time conversion

From: Peter Moore <ptmoore_at_sequent.com>
Date: 1997/08/26

"Mike Morgan" <mmorgan1_at_mail.tds.net> wrote:

> 3) Use the NEW_TIME() function to convert GMT to local time

> Hugo Baake <hbbaake_at_pi.net> wrote in article

> > I've got a number representing date/time information, stored in seconds,
> > based upon 01-JAN-1970. This number is in GMT.
> > Can anybody tell me how I can convert this number (in PL/SQL or SQL*Plus)
> > to the local time (corrected for timezone and daylight saving time, the
> > same functionality as the localtime() function in C.)?

Except, of course, that this will only work if you happen to be based in the continental U.S. Oracle's customers outside the U.S. aren't allowed to make use of this function!

Thanks then, Oracle. Maybe we should be paying less in Europe for Oracle's services if they can't give us full functionality...

PT

--
Peter Moore
DBA, IS Ops, Sequent Computer Systems, Weybridge, UK