Oracle 7.3.3 Upgrade Bus Error

From: <greg_russell_at_sra.com>
Date: 1997/08/26

I'm trying to upgrade from Oracle 7.3.2 to 7.3.3. I'm running Solaris 2.4 and have confirmed that the Solaris Patches identified in Chapt. 3 of the Installation Guide have been installed. I'm trying to overlay my current $ORACLE_HOME directory. The installation proceeds and at one point SQL*LOADER is invoked by the installer to load the help tables. Soon after this I receive an I/O Bus Error and the Installer process is halted. I've been following the Option 2 instructions (overlay the current Oracle Executable) in Chapter 6 of the Installation Guide (the upgrade chapter). I've followed the instructions exactly except for Task 1 which is to deinstall Oracle 7.3.2. I've never heard of this requirement previously. Also, I upgraded another 7.3.2 server to 7.3.3 and did not receive this error. The successful server is running Solaris 2.5 and has one instance. The Solaris 2.4 machine has 5 instances and, for corporate reasons, cannot be upgraded to Solaris 2.5 until a later date. Has anyone else encountered this error? Any help would be greatly appreciated.