Intranet Application Development

From: Robert Centeno <rdcente_at_unistudios.com>
Date: 1997/08/25

Hello all. I am currently in progress of trying to identify 'middleware' software that would run as the middle tier of a 3 tier distributed processing within a 3 tier architecture. The middleware that I am trying to identify would be somesort of service for the applications to allow access to multiple database platforms. Example would be a Java application who would need rows from db2 and Sybase returned. I am thinking that the best way to accomplish this would be through ODBC. Are there any other products that can access multiple databases such as DB2, Sybase, Oracle, CICS etc...

Please email responses.

Thanks in advance.

-Rob Centeno
rdcente_at_unistudios.com Received on Mon Aug 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT