Re: HELP! Invalid Table name...

From: Erica Harris <ericah_at_wairc.govt.nz>
Date: 1997/08/25

Chin Chieh Tan wrote:

> Hi,
> I used MS Access to export a table into Oracle database. This table
> named
> 1_FRATE. But Oracle automatically created a table named __FRATE.
> Now I can not select data from this table, but I can look it in data
> dictionary.
> How can I drop this table?
> Could anybody help me? Thanks!
>
> --
> Jerry Tan
> Systems Engineer Voice: (02) 598-4502
> Information Systems Business Division
> Tatung Co. Fax: (02) 598-4467
> 22 ChungShan N. Rd., Sec 3
> Taipei Taiwan 104 ROC Email: tan_at_sess10.tatung.com.tw
Try putting double quotes round the table name:

     drop table "__FRATE";
I've just had the same problem myself with Access putting in table names in upper and lower case.

Regards,
Erica Harris
Oracle DBA/System Administrator
Environment Waikato
Hamilton
New Zealand Received on Mon Aug 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT