Re: A performance question: Unix v/s NT

From: Ales Kavsek <ales.kavsek_at_stat.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/08/25

Ismo Tuononen <ismo_at_sasu1.carelian.fi> wrote in article <ismo.872432863_at_sasu1>...
> Scott Johnson <sjohnson_at_ibm.net> writes:
>
> >administration. I'm sure you'll agree that NT admin is much easier
> >than any UNIX system.
>
> Good joke!!!

I agree with scott. It can only be joke for the Unix expert. NT is much easier for administration and this is the main reason why Oracle and others will sell (is selling!?) more NT boxes than Unix.

> >Sanjay Rallapally wrote:
>
> Any unix is much more stable than NT, If your system must be up more than
> couple of days between shutdowns, choose unix.

This is typical myth those days. I have Oracle database on NT 4.0 running for several months without
single shutdown (avg. of 40 users on-line).

> Ismo.Tuononen_at_sasu.carelian.fi

ales kavsek Received on Mon Aug 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT