Re: How to make an ASCII file?

From: Narayanan Olagappan <narayan_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/08/23

Peter Schneider wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I need to convert my ORACLE database file into an ASCII or text file!
> How can I do this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Peter

There is no facility to convert the entire database to ascii text (if thats what you are looking for). You can cnvert table by table. You can use oracle tools, like SQL*Plus, Pro*C or PL/SQL. You will be reading row by row using select statement and writing on a flat file. Alternatively you can try other third party tools like MS-Access, read from a Oracle table and save it as a text file. Received on Sat Aug 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT